MS or multiple sclerosis is a very serious condition that millions of people are battling on a daily basis. Well, over the past couple of years the effects of marijuana are becoming more and more evident, and new exciting studies are now showing the medical cannabis oil might be the very answer for individuals suffering with MS.
What You Need To Know About MS
Multiple sclerosis or MS is an autoimmune disease that can promote a variety of negative health conditions. The disease actually takes your body’s immune system and reprograms it to attack the healthy tissue located in the central nervous system, which usually takes place in the brain and spinal cord areas.
Speaking more technically the disease will cause the immune system to attack the myelin in the body.
Eventually the damage will migrate from the myelin to the nerve fibers. This not only results in uncomfortable conditions, but it can cause pain and make certain individuals loose control of bodily functions.
Know The Symptoms Of MS
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can appear in different forms is a different individuals. The degree to which the nerves are damaged and the severity of that damage can also play a major role in the symptoms that might arise.
While the disease develops the symptoms can adapt and change as well. In fact, in the very beginning stages the symptoms might appear so mild that they can be ignored, but as the disease progresses the symptoms will last longer and be more severe.
Whatever the situation is, it is imperative to know and understand the symptoms, so you can seek out professional help.
Some of the symptoms might include the following:
- Terrible balance
- Weakness in the limbs that occurs on one side of the body (left arm and leg)
- Blurred vision that last longer than expected
- Slurring of speech
- Loss of appetite
- Tingling or insufferable pain in the facial region
- Feelings of depression
- Unable to control the bladder or other bodily functions
- Paralysis without any warning other symptoms
- Trouble getting around
- Tingling or pain throughout the body
- A drop in coordination
- Instant fatigue without tiring activities
- Shocking sensations that are followed with head and neck movements
When it comes to diagnosing the symptoms of MS, it is extremely important to remember that MS attacks the spinal cord and brain. This means that the disease can interrupt the most basic movements and processes of the body. While the symptoms might start out small, they can eventually reach the point where the patients will not be able to take care of themselves.
Why Are MS Patients Turning To Cannabis?
Over the years cannabis has been scientifically proven to provide certain individuals with a variety of health benefits. In fact, a 2014 study showed that one in every five individuals that suffer from MS have partaken in cannabis to relieve their muscle spams and stiffness.
Of course, these are just some of the most well known benefits that cannabis can provide. When you really get right down to brass tacks there are a variety of benefits that cannabis can provide when it comes to dealing with MS.
- The Anti-Inflammatory Benefits – When it comes to dealing with multiple sclerosis one of the most common symptoms that any individual will experience is inflammation of the neural tissue. Well, it has been well proven that cannabis can reduce inflammation. In fact, the powerful plant has been used as an anti-inflammatory for thousands of years now. So, it should be pretty safe to assume that cannabis can reduce the inflammation caused by MS.
- Dealing With Unwanted Pain – Right around 50 to 70 percent of MS patients suffer from debilitating pain. This pain gets them down and keeps them down throughout the majority of the day, which can be a real downer. However, scientists have discovered that most of this pain is the results of muscle spasm and the inflammation of neural tissue. Cannabis has been scientifically proven to aid in both of these issues. Certain cannabis sprays have not only been proven to reduce immune response to inflammation, but it can actually reduce muscle spasms and spasticity as well.
- Reduce Your Depression Levels – When you are in pain and suffering from muscle spasms all day it can be easy to understand why any individual might become so depressed. In fact, over half of the individuals that are diagnosed with MS usually come down with depression. Damage to the nerves really regulates the mood. And, when you combine this with some of the negative side effects of MS medication, you could truly be looking at a depressing situation. It really doesn’t take a hardcore stoner to know that THC can produce an antidepressant effect. In fact, THC CBD or CBC can play an important role when it comes to mood regulation.