Follow us on Twitter: @lbcomber

5199 E. Pacific Coast Hwy. #608
Post Office Box 15679
Long Beach California, 90815-0679
Phone: (562) 597-8000
Fax: (562) 597-9410
Letters to Editor

Water Conservation

From Issue: Volume XXII - Number 7

I have a hard time believing that there are policies being enacted to control the amount of water citizens are using particularly at a time when the city itself has an open sprinkler head on city property that continues to emit water freely.

I am talking about a sprinkler head on Bellflower Blvd. between PCH and Colorado Street across from 436 Bellflower Blvd. that I have called the water department, parks department, street maintenance and even gone as far as the auditor’s offices to report. Nothing gets done.

The ground around it is saturated and while I have gotten the trees and brush finally cleared, the sprinklers that were geysers in the center repaired, no one owns up to this ongoing broken water line that is spewing at this very moment. Who do I call to get this repair of water wasting taken care once and for all?

Why don’t we start electing and hiring officials that will take care of the problems in the city first before reaching out to sanction those of us who do follow the laws?

Ward Johnson

Editor’s Note: Problems with sprinklers on city property can be reported to the L.B. Water Department via their website: Click on “conservation”, then “report a water waster.” Alternately you can phone (562) 570-2455. Most of the sprinkler water used on city property is treated and recyled.