Impact Awards Announced
From Issue: Volume XXII - Number 3
The Long Beach City Prosecutor’s Office announced that it will present six awards to individuals and groups who have made “a positive, significant impact in the City of Long Beach in the past year.”
The recipients chosen to receive this year’s City Prosecutor IMPACT awards include:
* Long Beach Police Department, Vice Division, LBPD, for the entire team’s success in investigating cases of human trafficking and assisting victims.
* Gabby Guillen and Marvin Kelly, Homeboy Industries, Tattoo Removal Program, for their assistance in helping former Long Beach gang members with free tattoo removal.
* Leilani Ronca, Code Enforcement Division Officer, City of Long Beach, Neighborhood Services Bureau, for her personal efforts to eliminate blight and abate public nuisance properties.
* Tiffany Brown, Director of Coordinated Student Services, Long Beach Unified School District, for her personal efforts to work with City Prosecutor staff to reduce chronic truancy in Long Beach.
* Long Beach Police Officers David Corcoran, Jeannie Villanueva, Gabriel Carrillo, Carlos Del Real, and Pedro Valenzuela, for their efforts, which individually and collectively, resulted in the successful arrest and prosecution of a gang-related hate crime in September 2013.
* Jessica Quintana, Pastor Wayne Chaney, Jr., and Pastor Gregory Sanders, for their assistance with developing and implementing “Operation Opt Out,” a City Prosecutor program assisting persons formerly associated with street gangs.
The awards will be presented at a reception on Tuesday, Feb. 11 by City Prosecutor Doug Haubert.