Letters to Editor
Romney Will Win
From Issue: Volume XX - Number 22
Here’s why I believe Mitt Romney will win on Tuesday:
1. Things have gotten worse or have not changed since the 2010 midterm elections when the democratic party lost 70-plus seats in Congress. Every candidate President Obama supported lost, except one.
2. Unemployment is the highest and longest since the Great Depression.
3. Household assets for a typical family have dropped 40%.
4. Despite the fact that Romney is surging, a president who consistently polls under 50% will not win. You have to have 50.1% to win.
5. The youth enthusiasm that allowed Barack Obama to win in 2008 is non-existent with 50% of college graduates not able to find work.
6. The publicity surrounding the 700 billion dollars being taken from Medicare to fund Obamacare in the presidents healthcare plan will trigger a huge senior citizen turnout and voting block for Romney.
7. The recent murders of an American Ambassador and others overseas with documentation that incompetence and politics trumped their security requests.
8. Professors Kenneth Bickers and Michael Berry of the University of Colorado have conducted a state by state analysis that has not failed since the 1980 presidential election. Using economic data and unemployment figures, they claim that Romney will win almost 53% of the vote and will have the electoral college numbers to defeat Barack Obama by a wide margin. These are credible people with a proven system.
Robert Van der Upwich